Jack Calareso joined Gleason, Dunn, Walsh & O’Shea as a partner in 2019. Throughout his career, Mr. Calareso’s practice has been dedicated to aiding his clients to achieve their goals in all aspects of business and commercial litigation, business transactions, trust and estate litigation, and commercial real estate transactions. Mr. Calareso has successfully advised and represented clients, ranging from individuals and small businesses to FORTUNE 500 companies, government entities, and not-for-profit corporations.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Calareso was an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of New York, a partner with a large Albany firm, and most recently successfully founded and managed his own firm.
Mr. Calareso has earned an "AV Preeminent" Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” and as a “New York Super Lawyer” -- a distinction conferred upon only 5% of the attorneys in Upstate New York.
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Business Formation and General Counsel
- Contract Negotiation
- Commercial Real Estate
- Bank, Lender, and Borrower Counsel
- Real Property Law
- Business Mergers and Dissolutions
- New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., The Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America, 1998
- Catholic University Law Review, Member and Associate Editor (1996-1998)
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1995
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- Member, Real Property Law Section
- Member, Elder Law and Special Needs Section
- Member, General Practice Section
- Albany County Bar Association
- Sustaining Member
- American Bar Association
- Italian-American Bar Association
Mr. Calareso is an elected member of the Board of Education of the Niskayuna Central School District and is currently the President of the School Board. He is a former member and president of the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region. He is also a former member of the Board of Directors of the Capital District YMCA and St. Catherine's Center for Children Foundation.
Mr. Calareso is an active member of the Capital Region Chamber of Commerce and currently serves as a member of the Capital Region Chamber Government Affairs Committee. He is a past participant in the Capital Region Chamber of Commerce's (formerly the Albany-Colonie Chamber of Commerce) CAPITAL Leadership program and a former Co-Chair of the Chamber’s Leadership Tech Valley Program.
Mr. Calareso is active in youth sports in the community. He has managed and scheduled for his son’s Schenectady Youth Hockey Association team and he has served as a Little League baseball coach.