Lisa F. Joslin joined Gleason, Dunn, Walsh & O'Shea in 2007, and has been a partner of the firm since January 2009. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Joslin was employed for 10 years with another Albany law firm as an employment and commercial law litigator and business counselor. She continues to concentrate her practice in employment and labor law litigation and counseling, commercial litigation, contract negotiation, construction law, dispute resolution and business counseling.
Ms. Joslin represents and counsels the firm's individual, union and corporate clients in all types of employment and labor law matters, including: harassment, discrimination and retaliation; employment and partnership agreements; separation agreements; workplace training and investigations; personnel policies; disciplinary action; and restrictive covenants (non-solicitation, non-competition and confidentiality agreements). She has extensive experience in negotiating, litigating and arbitrating labor and employment law disputes.
Ms. Joslin conducts independent workplace investigations involving harassment, discrimination, retaliation, civil rights violations, bullying and workplace violence; and conducts workplace training concerning all aspects of employment law and human resources.
Ms. Joslin's practice also includes litigation of matters involving real property, fair credit reporting, negligence and intentional torts.
Ms. Joslin has earned an "AV® Preeminent™" Peer Review Rating;* was named a "New York Super Lawyer" for the years 2011-2019; and was named one of the 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers in the United States, by Lawdragon, for 2019.
- Employment Litigation
- Labor Law
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Contract Negotiation
- Construction Law
- Real Property Law
- Administrative Law
- Education Law
- Public and Private Sector Labor Relations
- Negligence and Personal Injury
- Appellate Practice
- New York
- United States District Courts: Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals: Second Circuit
- J.D., magna cum laude, Albany Law School of Union University, 1997
- Member, Justinian Society
- B.A., State University of New York at Geneseo, 1994
Ms. Joslin is a frequent lecturer on litigation and employment law matters, including:
Investigations of Workplace Misconduct; Litigation Techniques; Trial Advocacy; Performance Evaluations; Privacy in the Workplace; Discipline and Termination; Employment Handbook Essentials; Employment-At-Will; Hiring Hazards; Disciplinary Action; Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation in the Workplace; Rights and Obligations under the ADEA; Employment Law Updates; State Division of Human Rights (SDHR) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Agency Proceedings; Compensatory Damages for Psychological Injury; New York State Law Remedies; Conducting Effective Depositions; General Municipal Law §207-c; and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- National Employment Lawyers Association, New York Chapter
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Albany County Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Northeast New York, 2000-2005
- Member, Board of Directors, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Northeast New York, 1999-2005
- Member, Mission Delivery Policy Committee, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Northeast New York, 2004-2010
- Multiple appearances on WTEN’s Morning News Legal Project Helpline, 2003
- Youth Soccer Coach, Latham Circle Soccer Club Recreation League, 2011-2013
- Youth Softball Coach, Latham Lassies Club Recreation League, 2009-2011
*AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Please visit Martindale-Hubbell's website for a complete explanation of their rating system: www.martindale.com/ratings.