Michael P. Ravalli joined Gleason, Dunn, Walsh & O’Shea in 1991, and has been a partner of the firm since 1998. He concentrates his practice on representing unions and their members in public and private sector labor matters. Mr. Ravalli negotiates collective bargaining agreements, represents unions and their members in impasse proceedings, contract grievances, disciplinary proceedings, administrative proceedings, unfair labor charges, litigation, duty of fair representation claims, and all other aspects of labor relations.
Mr. Ravalli has earned an “AV® Preeminent™” Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubbell* and has been named a “New York Super Lawyer”.
- Public and Private Sector Labor Relations
- Labor Law
- Civil Service Law
- Contract Negotiation
- Administrative Law
- New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- J.D., cum laude, Albany Law School of Union University, 1991
- B.B.A., magna cum laude, Siena College, 1988
- New York State Bar Association, Member of the Labor and Employment Law Section
- Albany County Bar Association
Mr. Ravalli is a Trustee of the New York State Police Investigators Association Employee Assistance Fund (“EAF”). The EAF is dedicated to supporting the members of the New York State Police and other first responders in need of assistance.
Mr. Ravalli is active in youth sports in the community. He has served as a basketball coach with the Guilderland YMCA and as a youth baseball coach. He currently manages a Guilderland Travel Softball team.
- Skrypek v. Bennett, 7 NY3d 919 (2006)
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Assn. of New York, Inc. v. City of New York, 97 NY2d 378 (2001)
- Calkins v. Police Benevolent Association of New York State Troopers, Inc., 55 AD3d 1328 (4th Dept. 2008)
- Dean G. Skelos, et al v. David A. Paterson, as Governor of the State of New York, et al (Nassau Co. Index No. 13426-09; App. Div. 2d Dept Case No. 2009-066673, Ct. of Appeals Case No. 183). Co-Counsel with Quinn, Emanuel, Urquhart, Oliver & Hedges, LLP (Kathleen M. Sullivan, Esq., Faith E. Gay, Esq. and Robert Juman, Esq., of counsel), Counsel for Governor David A. Paterson and Lieutenant Governor Richard Ravitch.
- Thomas P. DiNapoli, as Comptroller of the State of New York v. Pedro Espada, et al (Albany Co. Index No. 5733-09), Counsel for Governor David A. Paterson and Aida Brewer, as Treasurer of the State of New York. Dispute regarding permissibility of payment of New York State Senators during senate stalemate.
- Hon. David A. Paterson, as Governor of the State of New York v. Senator Eric Adams, et al (Albany Co. Index No. 5435-09), Counsel to Governor David A. Paterson in petition for writ of mandamus compelling simultaneous convening of members of the New York State senate.
- In re Amalgamated Transit Union, Local Division 1321 (Capital District Transit System), 300 AD2d 809 (3rd Dept. 2002).